Your Rights as a Candidate
- How can I best set up my equipment to complete the psychometric testing?
- When sitting the test
- Your Rights as a Candidate
As a candidate undergoing psychometric testing, you will be providing an organisation with personal information and data. As such, it is a good idea for you to become acquainted with your rights within this process. The following provides a guide as to your personal rights and the responsibilities of the organisation to which you are applying:
- The purpose for which the organisation is collecting personal information
- How they intend to use it
- Who they are going to give it to; and
- How your personal information can be accessed
An organisation shall only obtain information about you for the purpose of employment screening with your knowledge and consent. When you commence a Testgrid online assessment you are giving that consent via a disclaimer on the candidate details screen.
This information is to be used only for the purpose it was collected, and it must be stored securely.
As a candidate you have the right to understand (Australian Federal Privacy Act, 1988):